I wanted to post the upcoming July 26th meeting agenda in advance. I have been fielding a lot of complaints from neighborhood residents who have been either directly or indirectly impacted by the Barton Creek greenbelt use this spring and summer.
Although it seems the problem is now remedied by the creek drying up I thought it would be good to have officers from the Austin Police Department, Park Police Department and Austin Park Ranger come and give us a presentation outlining their jurisdiction regarding how they monitor and enforce activities in and around the creek, since our neighborhood has two public access points and a few non official access points.
This will be your chance to talk to these representatives about any issues you may have if you are affected by the public use at the greenbelt.
The meeting is at St. Mark’s Church. Dinner is at 6pm, meeting starts at 7pm.
Please come on out and be part of the neighborhood association!
See you there!
Barton Hills Neighborhood Association
Meeting Agenda – July 26, 2016
1. Meeting Convenes
2. Brief Announcements
- Welcome new members
- 4th of July parade recap
3. Approval of Minutes
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. ANC Report– Jerilyn Green/Kay Killen
6. Neighborhood Committee Reports:
- Neighborhood Park Improvement – Roy Smithers
- Greenbelt Guardians – Glee Ingram
- Traffic Calming – Vanessa Gonzalez
- Neighborhood Watch – Reid Sullivan
7. Discussion regarding Greenbelt/Creek Issues with the Austin Police Department, Park Police Department, Park Ranger.
8. Other Business
9. Meeting Adjourns